We have began a new season. In Christian Churches as well as in Catholic Churches we celebrate the season of Advent. Advent is the four weeks before Christmas when we prepare our hearts for the joyful celebration of Jesus' birth as our savior.
Advent is a very special time in our Christian communities. Many people like to use advent calendars that they use in very different ways. Some advent calendars have special surprises for the children. Some families like to do something special for someone in their family. Or they like to meditate on scripture each day during the advent season.
I do not have a specific way of celebrating advent. But in the last few months that I have been bloging, I have met some very devoted Christian friends. They all have share very unique ways of celebrating this advent season. My sister, attended an advent party at her new parish. She had never heard of advent parties or even of all the great ideas people have for celebrating advent. She was so excited about what she had learned, that she sent me all the information in the mail.
This year, I decided to do something very special with my family, this advent season. We will get together each evening and read a story from the bible. We will learn about God's family from Adam up until the birth of Jesus. We will place special ornaments on our tree that remind us of this stories. This are called the Jesse tree ornaments.
We also made a advent calendar. I printed out a tree from dtlk-kids.com with spheres that have numbers on them 1-24 and a star for Christmas. Behind each sphere, I wrote the name of someone in our family. We will pray for this person and do something special for him or her on that day.
There is so much information online for great advent activities you can do with your family. I hope that what I teach my children now, they will also share with their own children. I pray that this advent season my family members who do not have a personal relationship with God, will get closer to God. I pray for good health for all of us and that broken relationships will be mended. I pray all this is the powerful name of Jesus. Amen
Now I invite you to visit Holy Experience for more encouraging posts.
Every Wednesday, we Walk with Him, posting a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to His heart.

Those are some great ideas. Until a few years ago, I had never heard of advent at all. I'm SO glad that I can enjoy the special events of the season now. Blessings to you as you carry out those wonderful plans.
ReplyDeleteRosario,
ReplyDeleteI also am going to celebrate Advent with the family this year. We have done it in past years, but I haven't for a few years. And I think it's such a meaningful tradition. Thanks for the information about what you are doing with your family. It's inspiring to me! I'm even more motivated now to make this happen this year.
Thank you for always writing such encouraging comments on my blog. Your words always brighten my day.
Great ideas, friend.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your pretty tree!