They that Hope in the Lord will renew their strenght,
they will soar as with eagles wings.
They will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.
Isaiah 40:31
I read the daily readings almost every day. I try to do this as soon as I get up in the morning. Or if I wake up in the middle of the night and I am not able to sleep. Reading the bible helps me so much. I renew my strenght in God's word.
Is amazing how sometimes what I read is what I need to read at that moment. Like the verse at the beginning of this post. And yesterday's gospel reading from Mathew 11:28-30,
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest."
Rest, I need it. I had some stressful days. And some nights, I only sleep a few hours then I wake up thinking, worrying about the coming up holidays, expenses, and the hospital bill. Then I shake myself and get reminded of another scripture. Mathew 6:27,34 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
I place all my worries and fears on God's hands and try my best not take them back. Worring would not do me any good. But gain me unrestful nights and huge headache. I sure do not want a headache.
Today's reading from the book of Isaiah 41:13-20, the scripture that spoke to me was: "For I am the Lord, your God, who grasp your right hand; it is I who says to you, "Fear not, I will help you."
"Fear Not", I need to repeat this over and over. I should rejoice in the Lord and be confident that he will always be with me. My problems will not disappear but I will able to go through them with the help of God.
I hope this scriptures have blessed you, as they have blessed me. We are all facing problems of our own. The important thing is that we learn to trust God and believe that what he promises he keeps. Just be patient. Perhaps our reward will come soon, perhaps we just have to wait till we reach eternity. But eventually it will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment