The reason for the title is because, I have been wanting to attend a Charreada for a long time. And this past weekend there was an event. My sister asked if I wanted to go. She said there will be more this summer and she would take me.
Charreria, is the Mexican version of a Rodeo.
This Memorial day, I spent the day at a ranch. One of my favorite activities as a teenager was to attend this events on the weekends.
My Dad Justino was an active Charro for many years. We loved going to the Charreadas. This events are very family oriented. People of all ages go to Charreadas, from birth to old age. Its a family tradition passed from generation to generation.
The picture above is a young girl called an Escaramuza. They perform on their horses around the arena.
I want you to see a video of an Escaramuza performing. Amazing!
I never had the courage to be in a team like this one. Its very expensive to have your own horse. The dresses they wear are also expensive as well as all their accessories.
Like I mentioned at the beginning, I attended a Charreada this Memorial day. My younger sister drove us to the event. One of my goals for this summer is to attend this events more often. I have been away from all of this for many years.
What are some family traditions that you love to do during the Summer? Please share or link any posts you have written about your family traditions, so that I can read them.

No comments:
Post a Comment