Hi Everyone! I hope those wonderful Moms out there had a wonderful Mother's day this past weekend. I celebrate twice. Mexico celebrates Moms on May 10th. So every year, no matter what day it fall on, its Mother's day in Mexico on May 10th.
I called my mother on Friday to wish her a happy Mother's day. She was very happy to hear me. She is here in the United States, but lives an hour away from me. She was very happy of what I wrote on my Facebook status. " My Mom was right ________? My Mom was right in seeking what was best for her daughters, good schools, good neighborhood, good spiritual mentors. She surrounded us with positive and edifying people."
I might not had lived in a mansion or had a swimming pool in my yard. But I am proud to say my house was a real home. Filled with love and good values. I never felt I lacked anything. God always seemed to provide what we needed. One time my Dad was in Mexico and my Mom had runned out of money to buy groceries. That same night a pastor from a local community church showed up at our house with a bag of groceries.
On Saturday, I attended the last class for Confirmation before summer break. I did a review with the kids of all the most important things, I wanted them to remember over the summer. We had a little celebration after. The kids brought snacks to share with the other classmates.
I feel that I could had done more preparation for the lessons I thought this young teenagers. But I know that God always helped me to speak boldly and not feel intimidated by their distractions in the class. There were a few girls who will giggle and talked during the class. I did not let that affect me. I did ask them a few times if they could avoid such behavior. Most of them were very good attentive kids. I learned a lot from this group. I learned a lot about my teaching skills too.
Sunday after Mass, I drove to visit Mom. My daughter Marah came with me. My son decided to stay home with his Dad.
I did well this time until almost the end, I began to get nervous. My daughter texted my sister to ask her to pray for me. It took me about an hour drive to reach my Mom's house. She was so happy to see me. Then my daughter, my sister and I went to Ghiradelli's store and bought some ice cream, while my Mom and other sister attended Mass at 1 PM. After Mass, we all went to eat at a Chinese buffet. I have so much fun when I'm with my Mom and family. Since I don't see them daily, I like to make the best of each time I'm with them. Sharing with each one. Spending quality time with Mom and my 3 sisters that live with her. We did not take pictures this time. But I cherish each moment in my heart.
I would love to hear how you spent Mother's day. Please leave me a comment. It gives me great encouragement to see your comments. Have a blessed week.
No comments:
Post a Comment