Saturday, January 26, 2013

Walk For Life



 West Coast Walk For Life 2013
I have been waiting for this event for years.  Yes, I missed a few years in the past.  Last time I took my kids it was 3 or 4 years ago. 


Fast Forward to 2013
Here are some of the pictures we took at the walk.





I agreed with my sister that this year I will join them for the walk.  They left Stockton around 9:40 AM.  I wanted to join them on Bart station closest to my house. West Oakland Bart.  So we headed off 30 minutes before they were going to arrive to the station. It only take about 10 minutes to get to Bart station from my house.

There were no spaces at the parking lot.  Everything was full.  There was lots of space around the Bart station but time limit of 2 hrs.  So I drove around three times, nothing.  The church is just a few blocks away, so I drove to the church parked my car there and we ran to Bart station to meet our group.

I had our tickets ready from a last trip we did on Bart.  We boarded the first train to SF.  But our group was not on it! They were a few trains behind.  So we got off at Civic Center station.  And we waited for our group there.

The rally was at Civic Center Plaza.  The Walk began at 1:30, walked all the way to Justin Herman Plaza down Market.  About 2 miles.

I'm now sore from my legs and feet.  But happy to have participated in this HUGE event.

2 comments:

  1. ¡Gloria a Dios Rosario! bendiciones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rosario,
    Never give up! ¡Dios te bendiga hijita! Nuestra Madrecita de Guadalupe will never, ever leave your side or your husband and children's side if you keep following Jesus in the Catholic Faith.

    ReplyDelete