December 9th, 2012
Sunday Morning, I convinced my husband to come to church with us. We attended a different parish. Our parish held the traditional "mananitas" songs to Mary, Our Lady of Guadalupe. That was at 5 AM.
We attended Mass at 10:30 AM at another parish. After the Mass, we returned home.
On the news, there was talk that a famous Hispanic singer, had disappeared along with her plane and crew. Being a Hispanic, I knew well who the singer was. My children love to watch her reality TV show, "I Love Jenni."
Jenni Rivera is well known among Hispanics. She has lots of fans.
I was not a fan of her. Yet I was concerned for her safety. She is a Mom and her children will be devastated if something happen to her.
The Spanish networks kept broadcasting special reports all day long. In the afternoon, it was confirmed that her plane was found. Unfortunately all seven people, including Jenni Rivera had perished in this terrible plane crash.
My condolences to the Rivera family and the family members of the other six people that died on this plane crash.
Jenni Rivera's family and fans were hoping for a miracle. They could not believe that this had happened to her. The Rivera family is Christian and they held vigils everyday at the home of Jenni's mother. They sang praises to God. The media, always trying to find something negative to say about the family. The media always tries its best to get the best story or the biggest gossip on a celebrity. So much was said that was not true. Some people made the family think that Jenni was still alive.
I hope and pray that this family will continue to stay strong and hold on to their faith. Yes they have lost a very important person in their family, a daughter, a sister, a Mom. And the Music world has lost a very talented woman. Her Fans will remember her always. As well as her family.
Rest in Peace Jenni Rivera.
The tragic death of Jenni Rivera and her crew, made me reflect on how we need to always be prepared for we do not know the hour or the day that we will be taken to away from this world. Is our relationship with God good? Or how about our relationship with our family members or close friends? How about your priorities? Do you give God and your family a high priority? Or are you so busy with work that you don't have time to spend with God or your family?
I thought of those family members that have grudges with other family members. I prayed that they will be touched and find it in their hearts to forgive and reconcile with their family members.
I found myself healing too as I prayed for others. The death of my father has made me reflect on so many things. I cared for my father as a person. But I did not feel that love that a child has for a father. I wished he had taken more concern for us when we were young.
I thankful to God that in the last few months, my father will call me often on the phone. We will talk for almost half an hour. I asked him so many questions. Yet, he was still a stranger to me. I learned so much about him in his last week with us. Its amazing how God brings families together in difficult times.
I continue to heal, and I will continue to pray for those that are grieving today for their lost loved one.
Dear Rosario,
ReplyDeleteYou always write from the heart which makes reading your posts such a joy--they are so honest and refreshing--yes, still healing--15 years my parents have been gone and sometimes I feel as though I am still healing--I'm so glad you had contact with your father before he passed--we prayed for that, didn't we and for his salvation. God is so good and so faithful. Love you, sweet friend--sure hope your Christmas is meaningful and filled with peace, joy and love.