Friday, July 27, 2012

Two weeks completed!

Hi friends,

The two weeks at the Jesuit School of Theology are over.  I'm happy because I got to see my children again, after almost two week of being apart from them.  They spent almost two weeks at my parents house.  With their aunts and uncles. And their four cousins. They had an awesome experience.  As well as I did.

The hardest part for me, this two weeks was the parking.  I had to move my car every 2 hours because street parking was limited to 2 hours only. Another problem was driving home right after my last class and missing the Eucharistic celebration. I couldn't stay to the Mass because I had to be home early and cook dinner for husband.  I tried my best to prepare ahead of time in the morning or day before but that left me with little time to read for the next day class.

Housework was also done to a minimum.  The big bonus was that the kids were not home.  So I only had to worry about the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. And don't forget the pets, two chihuahuas and two fishes.

Yesterday, I had a very strange morning.  I was already at school, when I remembered about the coffee maker. I couldn't recall if I had turn it off or unplugged it.  I had to return home to make sure everything was ok .  I had to skip the second class to do this. The next class after that one started at 11 AM, I decided to advance a little on the dinner preparation during that time.  Before I left, I checked that everything was off at the stove.  But a few blocks away, I got that feeling that something was forgotten so I returned home, to double check.  I couldn't believe myself.   I got to the school just in time for the next class.

While driving to the school, I called my sister to pray for me.  Something was distracting me from the classes.  Worry and Anxiety.  She read to me something about bringing peace into my life.  The words were so calming and gave me strength.

My two weeks at school, are now over.  However I still have to catch up in a lot of reading.  And apply what I have learned at my parish.  This is what the classes were for, to prepare us to work with our parish community. I will be talking more in months to come about the things that I'm learning, and how I have used this information not only at the parish but also in my own home with my children.

Hope you all are having a great Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment