Thursday, July 5, 2012

Book Inventory

Years ago, not sure how long ago.   I made a list of all the books I had in my bookshelves, not including the kids books.  This past weekend and yesterday, I have been working on organizing the kids books and my books.

I took out all the books that are no longer interesting to my children.  I kept only the favorite ones.  I categorized them.  I did the same with my books.

I have many new books that were not on my book inventory list.  So I looked up the document in my computer to update it.  I could not find it.  I probably wrote it while I still had my other computer that broke down.  This is when I realized the importance of saving a backup file on a disk.

Now I have to rewrite the document.  This time I will be saving it on a disk.

I used the other list, that I had printed on paper to go over my books and see which ones, I no longer own.  Most were donated to a local  Christian church. The others to a thrift shop.


This is the before picture before organization.  I'm not sure what happen to the after picture.  I need to take it again.  Two bookcases done two more pending.

Updated:7/6/12

I had taken the after picture but it was saved in the internal memory of my camera.  That's why I could not find it.

I later purged more books that will be donated to our church's yard sale. And here is the final result after the some books were removed and re-arranged.

I labeled the shelves with each category of books.  I used plastic bookshelf dividers on the left bookcase.  On the other bookcase.  I used this plastic sorters, they are actually to separate piles of papers on desks, but I did not like the method.  I prefer the vertical files.  I found a great use for this plastic dividers.

No comments:

Post a Comment