A month ago, my son brought home a caterpillar that he named Chuby. I don't have pictures of the caterpillar. My Son took Chuby to school one day and left him there for a few days. Later he brought him back but he was all wrapped into a cocoon and lay inside the purple box my son's teacher made for him.
Chuby was not moving, he was still for many days. One day I was cleaning my son's room and took a look at the immobile Chubby. I thought he was dead. I knew that caterpillars form cocoons when they begin their transformations into a butterfly, but somehow this cocoon looked different.
The next morning, my son went into his room to change clothes. He started screaming, "Mom come quick." To my amazement, I found that Chuby had turned into a beautiful butterfly.
What I thought was dead, was still alive. This made me reflect about things that sometimes we find hopeless. God is always working on our requests. Sometimes we might think that he will never answer, but then when you least expect it, he surprises you.
I was very proud of my son that day. He knew just the right time to let go of Chuby. "Mom, I think its time now. Chuby is moving his wings to much. He wants to get out." He opened the top of the box and waited for Chuby to fly out.
Chuby flew away. Free. Occasionally we see a similar butterfly around the house. My son, shouts happily, "Hi Chuby". I just smile. I'm sure God is smiling at us too.
I needed to share this story with you. Two people inspired me. Dianne and Patricia. Thank you for your friendship.
No comments:
Post a Comment