Wednesday, July 29, 2009

St. Martha's Day

Today we remember St. Martha. She was the sister of Mary and Lazarus. Remember the sister who was doing all the house work while Mary was attentive to Jesus' teachings.

Some of us women, get so into our house chores and other activities that we forget to be attentive to God. I do that often. Yes, it is important to do our house work but is more important to spend time in God's word and in prayer. I get energized when I spend time in prayer and reading the bible. And if I make this my first priority of the day, the rest of my day is stress free. Lately, I have been neglecting my quiet time with God. I start of my day cleaning or sitting in front of the computer web surfing and searching craft projects for my kids club.

Like today, I spent hours making copies and searching for projects online. I found this great craft idea for this Friday meeting.

The girls will be learning about St. Agnes. We are following a program called the Little Flowers Girls' Club. Every week they learn about a Saint, a flower, and a virtue associated to the Saint. The flower associated to St. Agnes is the peony flower. The project that I found is a peony made of felt and attached to a barrette. I found this idea on yoonie-at-home Blog. So I looked for my materials that I had available at home and began the craft. I did not have the green felt needed for the leaf of the peony, so I went to Michaels to buy it. Came back and finished the peony.

I want the girls to make their own barrette. I want to make things easier for them, so I cut out all the parts for them. All they have to do on Friday is put it together and sew on the button. Thank you Yoonie for sharing this craft on the blog. Well, I have to end now is almost time for bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment