Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Laundry room upgrades

Last week, I organized the Laundry room.  The bathroom closet and under the sink in the kitchen and bathroom.

It all started with husband asking me to get rid of the clutter in the laundry room.  So he installed this wire shelf for me to placed the rolls of paper towels.  I organized all the laundry needs and placed them on the lowest shelf.  On the top shelf, I placed all the boxes where I stored all the window linens, tablecloths and bed linens that are not used as often.



The hangers used to be in a shower curtain rod, but I found this handy caddy and now I can carry them from room to room, and move them out of the way when I need space to fold laundry.


 Next is the Bathroom closet.  I used baskets to organized all the items that usually are in a bathroom.  Soap,   extra toothbrushes, band aids, razors, travel size items, shampoo, mouthwash, etc.


The towels have their own shelf.  And extra toilet paper.  I always get two big packs to last for a long time.


Under the bathroom sink that is right next to the toilet seat. I have more TP,  bathroom cleaning supplies, and hand wash refill.  I use mostly Melaleuca products for cleaning my home.  They are safe to use around children, and they work great.  One refill bottle lasts a long time.


Here is where I keep the rest of my refill bottles of Melaleuca products and cleaning supplies.  This is the linen closet in the laundry room.

The pink baskets have small little gifts for parties, craft supplies, gifts I have handy to avoid last minute rush to the store.

The bottom shelves hold covers, bedsheets, tote bags for different activities ( CCD class, prayer group, knitting projects, Tupperware bag, and extra tote bags)

The green boxes with the linens where in here before, but I decided they fit better on the wire shelves.  Next time that I'm at the dollar store I will get me some large basket to organize the table runners, chair covers, and pillow covers.  But that's another project and another post.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to clean out and put it back all pretty?!?! Looking good - I working on the same today. The only thing that makes me wish I weren't is the blue sky outside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! girl, you are really getting organized--I'm working on simplifying but am NOT there yet but I will use this post for inspiration.

    Hope your Easter is filled with all the wonder of His glorious resurrection!

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete