Around my house the colors began to change from Fall colors to Advent colors. This is the time before Christmas. This is my second year, starting with Advent colors before the Christmas decorations.
You can see the word HOPE on the feast table. This has been my word for the year 2010.
I was not able to find a pink votive candle to use for my advent candles. So I will be using a white one this year. I have thought of placing a pink ribbon around the votive holder, but I did not think of this until after I took the picture.
The Christmas tree is up too. But no colors on it but gold, and under the tree, ceramic houses.
The nativity set is not out yet. I am holding on it until after the 16th when we start the traditional posadas. I am waiting for the image of Mary and Joseph's journey to bethlehem. I found the perfect one at Catholic Company.com In Mexico we called this image the "Peregrinos" or "Pilgrims". I HOPE that it arrives before the 16th.
For my new business I wrapped Tuperware products and will be offering to my friends and family for their Holiday shopping lists. My director gave us this idea. To open up a store in our homes and invite people to come in and make their holiday shopping.
I set aside a small area in the living room and placed the wrapped gifts on a small table.
Home Project
Home Project
One organizing project I did this week was the pantry. Here is the after picture. I made a list of all the items found in the pantry to check before making grocery list. This will help me see what I need and not end up with to much of one item.
I have great news!
My brother in law, who is in Mexico waiting for his visa to be aproved. Has been aproved his visa! Another prayer answered! God is so wonderful and is the best present ever for my sister and her children, just in time for the Holidays.
My brother in law, who is in Mexico waiting for his visa to be aproved. Has been aproved his visa! Another prayer answered! God is so wonderful and is the best present ever for my sister and her children, just in time for the Holidays.
My niece praying for her Dad to come home.
Good things come to those who wait and trust in the Lord.
We had another addition to my husband's family. A baby girl! She was born on December 2nd. Congratulations to our niece Adriana on the birth of her daughter.
My daughter was so happy with her new baby cousin. She is still waiting for her baby sister. But we will wait until next year to put in the order for another addition to our family. I do want another child. But I am leaving things in God's hand and wait to see if it is in his plans.
I am sorry that I have not been posting as often as before. There are days that I am so busy doing other things, that I do not have time to even turn on the computer. But I am still here, and sometimes I quickly browse thru some posts and then quickly turn off computer.
I hope you all are having a blessed advent time.

Praise God for all the blessings Rosario!!! You are doing wonderful things! I liked your Advent altar! God bless!!
ReplyDeleteI have been praying that you and your family are blessed with a baby if it be Our Lord's will. Please pray for my little family as we are expecting our 3rd child in April.
ReplyDelete