March is my birthday month, so I'm now a year older. 42 years old. I'm growing old with grace. One of my goals for this year is to write more blog post. I keep my journal entries as usual but I want to share some here too.
This year's Lent season went by quickly. Last week week was Holy week and now is Easter. On Easter Sunday, I drove one hour to visit my family. We attended Mass at the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton CA. A beautiful service. During the homily there was a skit of the Roman Soldier in charge of keeping watch at the tomb. Its Spanish song by Miguel Cassina called, "El Vive!" He lives.
It moved my heart, then I got the idea that our youth should do this skit at our parish. This Good Friday our youth presented the Viacrucis.
My son was Pontius Pilate. most of the soldiers are in First Communion class. The young boy who played the part of Jesus is in Confirmation class. Two of the soldiers are in my class. The parents helped made the costumes for the soldiers. Its the first year that our youth does the viacrucis. In past years it was always the adults. Same version every year, with the same cast. This year it was so much different.
Every month the youth plan the Mass for the last Sunday. They are the lectors and during the Gospel reading they do a skit. I'm going to suggest the soldier's skit for this month's presentation.
I would love for my son to also be part of the skit. We need to make some props for the presentation. And we have plenty of time to work on them. Pray that I will be given the OK to do this skit.

No comments:
Post a Comment