Friday, September 6, 2013

Command Center

Inspired by a post that I link from I'm an Organizing Junkie



Here is my version of my command center: 



Its just near the back door and laundry room.


I always kept the main calendar in the kitchen, right next to my son's room and close to the refrigerator.

former location of main calendar

opposite the calendar the refrigerator


I've had the calendar frame for many years. I can't even remember where I bought it. It has a small hook to hang your calendar. But this time, I folded the calendar in half and made some holes to place it on the calendar frame. At the bottom of the calendar. I placed a white board. To write messages.  


I made rules for after school. 
Framed and placed on a small easel.



The bookshelves have been in the hallway for a few years. They have some of my books, binders, and other craft paper sorted in magazine holders.  The keys are in the opposite wall, where they always been. I decided not to switch them yet. 


The Calendar frame has an attached basket at the bottom. That's where I would keep appointment reminder cards, invitations, or any loose small papers.  I have a cubicle sorter right next to the door. That's where the kids would keep their backpacks. There is a space for me too. I will show you the picture later.

So how much did I spend? Zero!  I had everything already in my home. I  just figured out, a different way of using the items.

1 comment:

  1. ¡Feliz y Santa navidad! Querida amiga te deseo muchas felicidades. Que el Señor os bendiga a toda la familia,
    os llene de su inmenso AMOR. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete